13 October 2015

Leaf Springs and fall showers

EV-250 and I took the van to get the leaf springs worked on (someone was thinking the van was bottoming out going over speed bumps). After talking with a guy at Gordons Spring Svc. Inc.  he said, the springs were in good shape, and he was even surprised that the springs were in as good of shape as they were. He did say, that adding 1 or 2 springs could help sense one side had 5 inches and the other side had about 4 inches of travel before bottoming out. 

But the gentleman at the shop was more interested in the 2 large solar panels on the roof rack and when I showed him the large 300+ lbs orange battery box, he then realized why there was difference in clearance. After EV-250 and I talked about it we will probably bring the van back to get the leafs added. 

I thought I could get some other work done on the van, but after I got thing ready to get work done the sky turned dark (this does not help charge my batteries), and my phone rang. After talking to my father for 10 minutes or so on the phone, the first drop of rain hit me. As I finished quickly putting everything away the air turned into a pool. In less then a minute it was raining left, right, down, and even up. 

Needles to say nothing got done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment