16 November 2015

Stop Reinventing the Wheel

So I came up with this idea to kick my computer from the solar system to a other power system. Originally I came up with the huge power transfer system where I gut out a mid size UPS and put all of that with a over-sized battery and manual power input selector switch in a custom built box. One issue I had was how do I safely construct a power input selector switch.

So, I had to brush up on basic electrical circuit construction. I found a On-Off-On SPDT switch, I used a shared ground wire and a shared negative(-) wire put the switch on the positive(+) wire. I put the junction and the switch in a 6"x 6"x 6" PVC Electrical box. The Cords I got from junked electronics at work.

I decided not to hard wire the UPS into this box so I could make it a little more modular,


Here is a down and dirty wiring diagram (below).

No comments:

Post a Comment